About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, providing an integrated customer experience to its services.
About the Role
As Project Management Practice Lead you will work on establishing, developing and embedding a project management capability across the IT division. You will be accountable for delivering tools, processes and project methodology and training project managers.
In this autonomous role you will coach, train and provide guidance and coaching on project delivery including the eventual move towards an Agile approach. This is not a Project Manager role.
- Develop and embed Project Management practice capability for IT
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to Project Managers related to Waterfall and Agile project delivery
- Provide training and coaching to project teams and practitioners
- Provide expertise in the refinement of project governance and frameworks
- Support projects teams in the completion of project documentation, resolving issues, and in navigating the organisation.
- Facilitate opportunities to uplift capability in Project Management
- Establish and lead Communities of Practice
- Kick off engagement and host events for the PM community
- Develop and run project management training sessions
- Share best practice examples of project delivery frameworks, tool & techniques, templates for ongoing sustainability
- Raise awareness of the materials and support available
- Provide Agile capability over time
- Must have previous demonstrated experience in the delivery a practice Project Management capability and coaching in a standalone role.
- Must have developed and run training sessions in Project Management
- Strong past record of project delivery experience, with at least 5 years demonstrable experience in managing complex initiatives
- Must have previous experience establishing or leading a Community of Practice - CoP
- Previous experience developing and rolling out project frameworks and collateral information
- Must have Governance experience
- Experience in working in an Enterprise, Portfolio or Program Management Office
- Tools experience in MS Project, Clarity PPM, JIRA
- Extensive experience in SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and Scrum.
- Strong knowledge of PMBOK principles and approach
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to Uplift, reskill and embed future capability in the project management line
Please Note - this is not a Project Manager role. You will require project management coaching and capability experience in a standalone role having previously managed or a built a similar practice.
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes 21 January 2019
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 191425
Please click the apply button.