Our client is seeking a Project Engineer to join their networks team. The team is responsible for designing, installing, configuring and commissioning IP based Radio networks to meet the increased needs of public safety and enterprise customers.
- Reporting to the Project director, you will be expected to work closely with the Project Managers and Operations Engineers for all components of the IP based radio systems (Switchers, Servers, Routers, Voice logger and Consoles).
- Solicit and document customer requirements
- Assist Project Managers with technical solutions and scheduling to meet customer specifics
- Manage and assist with technical schedules
- Document and contribute to the solution architecture, High Level System Design, Test Plans .and maintain revisions and document control
- Assist in the testing effort throughout the project lifecycle.
- Liaise closely with internal stakeholders to ensure correct scoping and engage additional resources (internal or external) as required with the approval from the PM.
- Assist in overseeing the server and software implementation resources (internal/external).
- Assist in overseeing the IP network and WAN implementation resources (internal/external).
- Broad understanding all technical aspects of the project and provide signoff where required.
- 5 or more years of IP based radio network experience
- Have a detailed understanding of infrastructure technologies used with enterprise level organizations (Microsoft AD, Server virtualization)
- Experience in IT architecture and design with a primary focus on system delivery and management processes.
- Background in network design and development is highly regarded.
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of high level solutions to enterprise and a good understanding of methodologies and processes required for successful project delivery.
- Experience in detailed testing methodologies and strategies
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of system integration between disparate architectures for cross platform communications.
- Advanced understanding of IP networking, design, integration and fault finding,
- Team player with excellent communications (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Hands on experience of RF systems, Base stations and Microwave transmission networks highly regards for this position.
- Willing to travel a day or two a month around Australia
- P25 network experience a plus
- Current drivers licence
Please submit CV in WORD format only