About the role
Our client is a leading government organization. They are looking for a Project Delivery Manager with experience managing ICT projects, PMO and Procurement.
This is a 12-month contract role.
You would be involved in:
- Lead and manage the development, implementation and maintenance of the initial phase to ensure successful delivery of the project within agreed timeframes, resources and budget
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and effective communication with the sponsors of the Project, to fully engage stakeholders in the articulation of business requirements, development of business solutions with the design team, preparation of specifications, formulation of work practice and change management requirements.
- Recommend and ensuring appropriate communication strategies to promote an information culture to raise the level of understanding of the Project
- Ensure that the engagement of external providers complies with relevant organisational policies and practices and monitoring and management of vendor deliverables within agreed timeframe, cost and quality.
- Manage expenditure to ensure alignment with agreed budget cash flow and completion of deliverables and to ensure compliance with financial management principles and organisational policies. This includes recommending approval of costs and variation, monitor and control project costs, report on expenditure and address any slippage issue
- Manage resources allocated to the project
- Provide advice to the Program Manager in relation to risks and interdependencies related to projects, provide detailed input to reports, presentations, briefings notes and submissions to executive management/ committees on matters relating to the implementation of the project
- Manage outcomes from multiple vendors to deliver the desired outcome
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- Superior experience and a record of achievement in working within and managing critical, highly complex and/or large transformation program and projects in a large and complex ICT environment, including relevant qualifications or equivalent. This includes implementing IT into business environments, commercial engagements, managing organisational change and the identification and realisation of business benefits
- Demonstrated experience working on large Business Transformation programs
- Demonstrated extensive management, personnel, financial, vendor, program and project and change management skills (i.e, Prince2, PMBOK, Agile (Scrum) ITIL, etc) and experience including program design, implementation, reporting and evaluation to ensure high quality deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to manage Commercial phases of multi-vendor IT engagements
- Good understanding of NSW Government Procurement guidelines
- Established knowledge of reporting tools, and high-level analytical skills, including a proven ability to quickly analyse and understand business processes and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver high quality customer focussed outcomes, and to manage and build high performance teams
- Highly-developed oral and written communication skills, particularly in reporting, public presentation and consultation, and the ability to negotiate and communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Superior organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with proven capacity to lead and manage highly critical and complex projects. This includes meeting specified outcomes and time frames, while anticipating problems, developing contingencies and negotiating solutions
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with extensive experience engaging, collaborating and influencing key stakeholders and customers at a senior level to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes.
What's in it for you:
- Flexible working environment
- Challenging projects in pipeline
- Inclusive, supportive & collaborative team
- Stakeholder management, negotiation & strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Compliant with a dynamic team
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Rhea Paul on 0380807218 and quote job #245531