About the Company
We are currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator to work within a Government department. Initial 7 months opportunity with possible extension.
About the role
The successful candidate will support a team of three Project Managers that are working with School Infrastructures to deliver ICT Platforms within new and redeveloped schools.
- Support multiple Project Managers that have been assigned groups of schools
- Monitor, track, and report on the status of project deliverables to ensure time, cost, risk, and quality metrics are in line with approved project plans for assigned projects
- Maintain register of compliance with endorsed project management methodology, change management processes and other relevant organisational policies for audit purposes
- Contribute to the development of project artefacts under the guidance of a Project Manager
Skills and experience
- Meeting co-ordination including active attendance, preparation of presentation materials and minute taking
- Production of regular reporting packs for various governance and working groups
- Monitoring of project financials, risks, issues, actions, dependencies and decisions and maintenance of associated registers
- Review monthly financial reports and provide advice on journal entries/transfers
- Regular central procurement activities including raising and monitoring purchase requests/orders across all projects and monitoring contract status
- Previous experience working within private sector as well as government
- Reliable, self-motivated individual that actively takes the initiative with an ability to work autonomously
- Effective problem solver with a mix of analytical and creative thinking
- Experience creating high quality project and program artefacts, within emerging or existing frameworks
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with SAP or equivalent financial system
- Experience with Microsoft Teams or Microsoft SharePoint environments
- Foundational Project Management certification or equivalent awareness/experience (e.g. PRINCE2 Foundation, CAPM, etc.)
Candidate must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident due to Government role.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Mary on 08087207 quoting reference <245749>.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.