My client, a large global bank is looking for a Project Accountant to work in this newly formed PMO office. You will be responsible for providing accurate and timely program, project costing and forecasting to the Program Manager, Project Managers, Finance and the Projects Investment and Change Committee. Plenty of scope to take ownership and make this role your own.
- To provide effective project cost control and reporting to internal stakeholders to ensure there is a good understanding of underlying project cost drivers
- To ensure the cost of the program is treated in accordance with accounting guidelines and correctly allocated to projects, cost centres and GL codes
- To ensure all reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner and are seen to being valuable and relevant to the stakeholders
- To provide effective cost monitoring and reporting and early indications of cost challenges together with recommended action plans
- Ensure accurate reconciliations, policies and procedures
- Ensure costs are properly accounted in the GL, including accruals, treatment of OPEX and CAPEX, internal resource charges
- Early identification of project cost challenges to be raised to Program Director, PMO and Finance along with recommendations and options to address the cost challenge.
- Assist with the budgeting process involving Strategic Transformation Program
- Provide assistance and liaise with auditors where required regarding the project costs
- Provide assistance with reporting for other projects and programs within the PMO portfolio if time permits
- Other duties as directed
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Degree qualification with 5+ years with relevant experience
- CA / CPA qualified
- Good knowledge of project cost accounting
- Strong understanding of business drivers and external factors
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point) skills. Macro and VBA knowledge is desirable.
- 5 years' experience in management reporting or project control roles
- Commercial acumen.
- High performer delivering results
- Strong appreciation of escalation and risk awareness
- Good presentation skills
New year, new role, new PMO, new program of work. Interested? Apply now quoting ref 192278