<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span><span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span>Our client is a leading established and reputable brand that makes and distributes software solutions for a rapid changing retail world. They provide a complete process & system solution covering all areas of the business from accounting solutions through to sales, CRM and much more. Evolving from a very traditional of on-premises solution, transitioning to a more modern and essential web/mobile solution. To aid their transformation they need to hire a team of people. We are looking to hire a Progress OpenEdge Developer.
In this role you will be responsible for developing new and modify existing functionality, perform 3rd level support (analysis, triage) and help liaise with customers and business units as and when required. This role is diverse and requires outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Initial contracts will be for 12 months, the project is in infancy and is expected to run for approximately 24-48 months.
- University / IT Qualification or 5 years equivalent industry experience
- 3 years' minimum experience in developing software in Progress OpenEdge (v10 or better)
- Exposure to multi-tier application architecture and OpenEdge Application Servers including PASOE
- Experience in collaborative projects
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate complex technical information into software with a great User Experience
- Organised and attention to detail
- An effective communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various stakeholders to achieve business goals
- Self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision and the ability to independently research processes
- Great in time management and prioritising to work toward a fixed deadline
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with RoundTable TSMS
- Experience with OO design and development principles
- Experience with 3rd party integration using REST/JSON, XML, SOAP
- Some experience in Automotive, Marine or Motorcycle retail systems
This is a critical role for our client starting their transformation project. They need your expertise to ensure success of their new business model moving forward. They have a stable, friendly team working in a flexible environment. If you feel you can hit the ground running, please click 'apply now' and quote #237727