Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Program Support Officer to provide support, and in some cases lead, in a range of program, project and stakeholder management activities.
This is a long-term contract of 6 months with 2x3 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- coordinate, draft and review complex documents, advice and key project management deliverables including project schedules, status reports, project plans, project control logs and risk registers.
- coordinate, prepare and review communication and stakeholder relationship management advice and products to relevant stakeholders. Includes the drafting of press releases, media statements and executive briefings where required.
- develop, implement and review internal and external communication plans to facilitate engagements with key stakeholders.
- act as liaison between the department and key stakeholders in relation to public diplomacy efforts and other relevant programs, projects and initiatives. Includes adapting delivery style, medium and message to intended audience where appropriate.
- identify, anticipate and overcome complex communication barriers to ensure that departmental messaging is timely, salient and strategically-aligned with the priorities of the department and the interests of key stakeholders.
- Actively build, maintain and facilitate engagements with a wide network of stakeholders (both internal and external). Stakeholders may include internal departmental contacts (including at relevant posts) and representatives from other Australian government agencies, partners, contractors, civil societies, academia, foreign governments in Canberra and multilateral organisations.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Experience in supporting the delivery of a program and/or project including demonstrated understanding of project methodology/frameworks.
- Experience in communication and stakeholder management.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have a Federal Government Security Clearance. A valid security clearance of NV1, would be ideal.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #245337
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.