Our Federal Government Client is seeking the expertise of an experienced Program/Policy Officer for an APS6 equivalent contract role. This is an initial engagement until December 2019 with extension options and is working form our Client's Woden offices.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold a minimum Baseline Federal Government Security Clearance to apply.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking program management activities including contract management, transition and communication activities and preparing documentation and correspondence including briefs, ministerial correspondence and minutes, to support the successful delivery of the project.
- Performing independent research work and analysis, including the preparation of draft material on relevant program activities and/or project milestones
- Proactively managing and maintaining internal and external relationships with stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Understanding, analysing, interpreting and providing advice on program requirements
- Representing the department and performing other tasks and projects to support the work of the Section and Division as required
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Highly developed interpersonal, liaison and negotiation skills and the ability to forge reciprocal relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- A collaborative, pragmatic, flexible approach to working to achieve program outcomes and the ability to respond in a positive and flexible manner to change and uncertainty.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt to a variety of audiences including the ability to gather, analyse and synthesise information into concise and meaningful advice.
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills with a proven ability to show initiative and take responsibility for achieving work outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise judgement to resolve issues and improve program performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of government processes.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 194605.
Please note only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.