Peoplebank is a preferred supplier to number of Commercial, State and Federal Government organizations for professional ICT contract staffing.
We are currently recruiting for a Program Manager to work on a complex programme of work. You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead, manage and deliver programmes administered by the department and report on programme performance to ensure ongoing programme effectiveness
- Lead the implementation of operational, policy, procedural and customer service initiatives as they relate to service delivery programmes and related change initiatives
- Lead and manage programme staff and oversee the management of performance, attendance and health and well-being
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- Negotiate, engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver programme services, build service delivery capability and promote the department's services
- Attend interagency meetings and forums to obtain and share information
- Represent and negotiate on behalf of the department to advance the department's interests at external, cross-agency, inter-jurisdictional and other forums
- Provide specialist advice, procedural guidance and interpretation to staff, including strategic advice and operational intelligence to the Executive where appropriate
- Develop and implement work area plans to meet demands and respond to change, providing strategic direction for work area and allocating resources
- Work with senior leadership to engage key stakeholders and establish and build collaborative relationships with government and non-government sectors
- Build strong relationships with the department's programme branches and key agencies at all tiers of government to support the efficient delivery of government services
- Manage programme budgets, staffing resources and associated corporate reporting
Identify and monitor risks, develop mitigation strategies and escalate issues as appropriate
- Manage and oversee policy review including the development of new policies and guidelines
- Oversee and prepare a range of written material including business cases, reports, executive briefs and corporate documentation
- Support innovation and manage and lead change
- Exercise appropriate delegations in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
Skills and experience required:
- Must have worked as a Program Manager for at least 5-10 years
- Expert with project and programme management frameworks and policies
- Systemic welfare issues facing various communities
- Aware of Legislation, policies, procedures and information management requirements relevant to the work area People policies and procedures including leave and performance management guidelines.
Ideally, you will have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills. You will also have demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships along with the ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal.
If you are ready to take up your next career opportunity please contact Roni Thomas / Matthew Chatterton for a confidential chat on 08 8112 7400 or apply now with your CV in Word Format.