My client, a century old Financial Services organisation are currently recruiting for a Program Director with strong business knowledge working across Risk and Compliance programs. The program is in its infancy so you will be instrumental from the beginning in terms of setting up the program.
This is a critical overview and co-ordination role which will have day-to-day interaction with multiple project streams that are responsible for delivering Regulatory Changes. As the Program Director you will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering the regulatory obligations as well as managing key dependencies across the programme.
This role will be accountable for reporting any challenges, risks and issues, coupled with recommendations that will ensure the success of the programme, to the Strategic Transformation Programme Board.
The role has the capacity to challenge individual managers and sponsors of individual project streams to ensure that activities are driving the overall success of the programme, as opposed to closing individual streams independent of other priorities.
It important you have the following experience
- Leading regulatory, risk / compliance management and business transformation programmes in Institutional and / or Investment Banking
- Successful track record in establishing, leading and delivering large programs with multiple concurrent streams
- Demonstrated experience of leading programs with budget of over $20M and duration of up to 24 months
- Management of program / project teams of 50+ resources in dispersed locations
- Senior Management experience including reporting to Executive Teams and Boards of large institutions
- Experience initiating new programs/projects and utilizing analysis methods to identify & resolve issues
You will be responsible for:
- Define program scope
- Manage overall program direction and alignment of work streams
- Manage program to deliver to the business requirements and realise benefits
- Provide visible leadership to program on a day-to-day basis
- Provide timely communication to key internal and external stakeholders on project status, issues and action items
- Provide early intervention into any piece of work which is not aligned with other business or risk ambitions
- Develop the program definition document, integrated program plan, resource plan, interdependencies, contingency plan, and related program management artifacts
- Serve as a subject matter expert to regularly assist team members and stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Define and track program milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related program expenditures
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles
It should be noted that it is an absolute requirement that you have worked as a Program Director working on Risk and Regulatory and Compliance programmes to be successful. If you feel you meet the criteria please submit your cv for immediate consideration.