In the role of Program Director, you will understand various business strategies and develop a delivery roadmap and program delivery structure that transforms the business over the next 2-3 years spanning changes to the business model, operating structure, people, process and technology.
To be successful you must have demonstrated experience working as a Program Director in Corporate Super.
The Program Director will be responsible for:
- Transforming the business to deliver sustainable business benefits (cost out, revenue increase, improved customer / adviser experience) across multiple years to ensure the organisation financial plans and target outcomes are met. This will include large scale product, system and process rationalisation and focus on uplifting the Employer and Member experience through digital tools and support.
- Delivering outcomes to meet our regulatory obligations and regulatory commitments regarding remediating reportable breaches.
- Structuring delivery in the most efficient manner i.e. breaking down current silos of business and working across business units
- Iterative planning to provide clear priorities for first 3-6 months with indicative delivery for later timeframes that can be re-assessed at regular intervals
- Ensuring a realistic delivery plan considering wider organisational changes
- The role will require senior Executive (EGM, GM) engagement and influencing to balance and align the necessary business outcomes and priorities with broader organisational strategic imperatives and gaining support for a roadmap that can deliver value.
- Knowledge: You have best in class knowledge of your area, understand the industry trends and how this informs what we do next
- Attitude: You are constantly challenging the status quo to make this environment simpler and faster
- The total view: You bring together the total picture for your Value stream, find the insights to help us continuously improve how we deliver and ensure these are actioned. You raise blockers when needed to keep things moving and I am never caught by surprise
- Standards: You clearly set, communicate and role model the standards for what is expected in terms of behaviours, delivery, governance (minimum standards, processes, tools and templates)
- Capability: You have a plan to uplift and develop the necessary PMO capability needed and are actively taking steps to improve
- Leadership: You support, motivate and engage your team through pro-active communications and trust them to get on with the detail so you can look ahead at what is coming next
If you have the skills and experience, along with the right vision for this role, please APPLY NOW