Large Federal Government agency requires an experienced Production Support Specialist to join the Digital Identity Operations team with the potential to extend. The team's mission is to improve and strengthen Digital Identity services through continual CI/CD, hardening and resilience improvements.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will take responsibility for ensuring the platform and applications owned by the Digital Identity are operated and maintained efficiently and proactively; and working with the team to design and implement incremental change to the platform. This includes working with ITSM and Cyber Security Teams to ensure services required of other teams are maintained and the deployment of applications meets with compliance requirements.
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Working in a small, specialised team; demonstrate a willingness to contribute to and learn from the collective skillsets of other developers and team members.
- Proactive management and operation of deployed applications, for example, monitoring, patch management, backup management, management of expiring resources (certificates, system credentials etc.) in a timely manner.
- Deploy new application versions and/or content in line with planned release management.
- 2nd/3rd tier support, particularly application outages.
- Continuous improvement of the management and operation of Tooling Section platforms and deployed applications.
- Liaise and coordinate with the change & Release Team to ensure continuity through changes to supporting infrastructure managed by ITSM.
- Collaborate with team members on design, testing and implementation of enhancements and modifications to the application and infrastructure set to support business objectives.
- Maintenance of as built platform/application deployment documentation, and operations documentation.
- Participate in project work according to SCRUM (where required) methodologies.
- Provide technical expertise to applications staff in the configuration, testing and implementation of new/enhanced software systems and other related advice, technical directions, and consultancy.
- Work with Product Support teams to develop and deliver technical and implementation resources and support for vendors, health jurisdictions and other customers.
- Ad hoc Windows Server update / SQL database support to other developer teams within the branch (where skills appropriate).
- Follow all Agency policies, procedures and instructions and take reasonable care for your own health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Knowledge and experience in system architecture and microservice design patterns
- Automation highly desirable
- Managing and operating public facing production AWS hosted applications
- A very strong working knowledge of the AWS platform (EC2, EKS, Lambda, s3, RDS, Quicksight, DDB Aurora, etc)
- Previous experience leveraging databases such as PostgreSQL with connectivity via APIs and web services
- Leverage other AWS service effectively to ensure the environment meets best practise - including KMS, IAM, Systems Manager, CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Continuous integration environments and unit testing
- Developing and deploying infrastructure as code and deployment scripting, for example, vRA, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Deploying and operating microservice based applications
- Production Java Enterprise (J2EE) systems development
- Software configuration management systems
- Developing Web applications
- Using Linux system administration, virtualised environments and source control (primarily Git, Jenkins)
- Implementing, managing and operating deployments
- Confluence and MS TFS
For more information or to apply, please contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 237788