About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, who is a leading digital research network, who works across business, government and industry solve real problems
About the Role
As Product and UX Design Manager you will be working in an organisation that is a data and digital specialist and Australia's leading data innovation group that works with academia, government and industry to help bridge scientific research innovation and outcomes with technology that creates economic, environmental and social impacts.
As the As Product and UX Design Manager you will be a highly driven and motivated product innovator and will lead the Product Management and Human-Centred Design teams. You will work across a diverse set of technology areas and will tackle some of the biggest challenges in the industry.
You will be involved in operational and capability management, while maintaining active involvement in Business Development, project and science leadership within larger scale and high impact projects. You will support a team of Product and User Experience Design Specialists to deliver world class products which reshape industries or create new ones
- Engage and build a team that delivers world class products which reshape industries or create new ones
- Support your team of product and user experience design specialists ensuring:
- Every product and design specialist have a deep understanding of the humans targeted
- Facilitates a human centred approach to their team processes
- Team is an ambassador for a human centred approach to science and technology
- Set and deliver a product and design strategy to:
- Create and implement practices for product and design strategy and process
- Educate and uplift the application of user experience design and product management across the organisation
- Set a cohesive strategy for the teams they work with that translates strategic thinking into actionable goals
- Work with stakeholders to allow product and UX to inform the priority strategic areas for the business
- Deliver outstanding value by defining outcomes and measuring them
- Engage with stakeholders to develop new opportunities and assist in the transfer of applied research to technology delivery
- Create a team culture that prioritizes collaboration, design and product excellence and rewards team members for their achievements
- Experienced as a Product and UX Design Manager
- Senior User Experience design role or Senior Product management role (10+ years)
- 5+ years' experience leading a team
- Relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles.
- Significant experience leading a team of User Experience Designers and/or Product Managers, Product Owners
- Proven track record of product and business creation eg experience in business models, developing product market fit
- Experience in driving product development, using customer insights and measurement to identify and deliver change initiatives across product, service, or channel development, where that change has delivered value to customers and users.
- A strong history of leading teams, and a record of leadership which encourages new ideas, builds trust and provides support for the development of emerging skills
- Ability to influence staff in observing corporate and professional standards, fostering effective client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and objectives.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity plus the ability and willingness to incorporate and promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into projects of all sizes and scale.
- Prefer experience working in an innovation centre and translating to businesses / VC / product.
- Prefer experience working in research translation to market
NOTE - You will be required to complete a Security and Police Checks
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes ASAP
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 201600
Please click the apply button.