Peoplebank is a preferred supplier to number of Commercial, State and Federal Government organizations for professional ICT contract staffing.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Analyst (Category Manager) to work with our client's Procurement and Supply Chain division. You will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking sourcing and contract management activities related to a designated category to ensure value for money is realised, contracts deliver the required outcomes, and risks are appropriately managed across the business.
- Procurement, contract management and negotiation.
- Expert procurement and contract management services are provided to stakeholders that facilitate value for money outcomes and the procurement of commercially sound deliverables.
- Requirements analysis and procure good and services.
- Quality Assurance and data integrity.
- Providing expert advice and services in relation to best practice procurement and contract management.
- Implementing procurement/category management strategies in conjunction with key business stakeholders, including the development and review of necessary procurement and contract management documentation.
- Undertaking risk assessments, establishing mitigation strategies and controls, and monitoring risks to procurement and contract management projects.
- Facilitating the evaluation and assessment of goods, services and minor works.
- Implementing continuous improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Implementing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarks in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Providing support and guidance to stakeholders, and managing contract management plans, managing contract reviews, and managing performance reviews, including re-negotiating contract terms.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience as a Procurement / Category Analyst, with an ability to take initiative and make sound commercial/contracting decisions based on an analysis of risk and business needs.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, in particular the demonstrated ability to provide sound advice and prepare written reports and briefings.
- Experience working with others in a multi-disciplinary team environment to achieve successful outcomes.
- Experience in the interpretation and implementation of contracting and/or procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience in the procurement of goods and services, including tendering processes, within a major corporation or the public sector.
- Experience successfully negotiating with suppliers, service contractors and senior management to achieve desired outcomes within established guidelines.
- Experience in undertaking research, data analysis, financial analysis and project work within a procurement and/or contracting environment.
- Knowledge of the structures and procurement/contract management practices of Government agencies as they relate to category management.
- Knowledge of current and emerging procurement processes.
- Desirable - An appropriate degree qualification in a business, commerce, supply chain or procurement related field.
Ideally, you will have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills. You will also have demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships along with the ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal.
If you are ready to take up your next career opportunity please contact Roni Thomas / Matthew Chatterton for a confidential chat on 08 8112 7415 or apply now with your CV in Word Format.