Our client, a leading financial institution is looking to bring on a Principle Infrastructure DevOps Engineer to join their Automation team in a hybrid cloud environment. You will be working in a high-performing team and act as a mentor to develop already highly skilled Systems Engineers.
Although a Sydney based bank, their current workforce has been adapting to working from home on a full-time basis and it now opens this opportunity to interstate based candidates who are happy to continuing working from home on a permanent basis.
As an experienced Principal Infrastructure DevOps Lead, you will play an important role in the development and maintenance of technical solutions on the hybrid cloud and ensure that the detailed design and operations are fit for purpose.
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Provide expert technical expertise to a Hybrid Cloud Services teams, covering all aspects of the cloud within a specific service or pattern.
- Set direction and oversight for the consistent use and implementation of tools, standards, methods and processes to ensure that quality services are developed with consistent and maintainable code which supports risk, secure operations, and compliance management
- Evaluate and provide expert diagnosis and resolution of complex service (cross infrastructure/application) issues that may arise during the cloud life cycle to ensure effective development, maintenance and support of patterns and platform
- Liaise with executive and senior stakeholders and Suppliers to ensure strong relationships are maintained, and business, technology requirements and solutions are understood
- Lead the build, deployment, and operations of automated cloud enabled patterns, tools, and platforms
As this is a lead role we require senior candidates with outstanding knowledge in the following:
- Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019)
- Thorough Knowledge of Active Directory, in a multi domain environment.
- Installation and configuration of SQL server
- Thorough experience with High Availability deployments
- Ability to develop automation code using tools such as CHEF / RUBY / PowerShell delivering end to end automation of SQL Server on Windows hosts.
- Experience using DevOps tools including Artifactory, Jira, Bamboo
- Demonstrable ability and knowledge in one or more of the cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability and knowledge in one or more of automation and orchestration products/platforms (like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, AWS CloudFormation etc.)
- Development experience in one or more scripting languages (CHEF/Ruby, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, JSON, Python, etc.)
You will be adept at complex problem solving and dedicated to maintaining continuous improvement in your working environment. You must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and partners.
If this roles sounds like you please apply quoting reference 203664.