Principal Architect - Unified Communications
- Great opportunity to join a global organization at the forefront of mining
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- This new role will expose you to exciting technology and challenge the way you work
- Based in Perth
About the role
My client are looking for a Principal Architect - Unified Communications to ensure their blueprint is fit for purpose, you will be working hand in hand with a team of technical specialists and partner architects to ensure this goal. Your team will establish the gap between the long-term goal and current services, and ensure the investment plan addresses the gaps. a key focus for the business. Your day to day will cover specific services around developing and evaluating detailed designs, change management, implementation plans and risk management to minimize risk around solution delivery for Unified Communications.
This role is an excellent role where you have the opportunity to contribute to the continued growth and success of my client by applying your skills, knowledge and professional expertise. Looking at your role from a long-term perspective you will be compiling long-term strategies that are innovative, cutting-edge and provide step change in the global network environment.
This role will be reporting into a Group Manager for Networks, below is a shortened down version of what you can expect to be doing:
- Managing the strategy, architecture, and long-term planning for unified communication
- technologies including: WebEx, telepresence, VOIP, IM and associated infrastructure
- Working closely with the operations team, capacity management function and network
- architecture team to ensure alignment of strategy and requirements
- Sets strategic direction for the UC technologies in conjunction with IS&T business partners
- It will be fundamental that you can grow and enhance relationships with key business stakeholders in my clients regional business hubs with a strong focus on Cyber Security.
- Your Vendor management skills will be kept up to date as this will be an on-going requirement of the role.
- You will look for innovation into the UC space to drive cost-effective, novel and future-proof solutions
- You will be able to deliver a committed portfolio of projects within agreed constraints consistently.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- 7+ years of related I.T. Networking and Unified Communications experience in an enterprise/global environment.
- 5+ years' experience in LAN/WAN network administration and engineering
- Extensive experience with developing strategic plans
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Extensive Design, Implementation & Architecture experience with Cisco UC/ Collaboration solutions.
- Knowledge of additional vendor solutions a plus exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please click 'apply" with a word version of your current CV.
For a confidential conversation please contact Daniel Whitehead on 0894231426