The Department is looking for an experienced high performing Power BI developer who can work in a dynamic analytical team and deliver data visualisation products within Power BI and other data analysis tools. As a member of this team, you will be working alongside departmental clients to build priority products to improve insights within the business and in turn make better-informed evidence-based decisions. The Power BI developer will provide services under high level direction including:
- developing analytical products to meet specified business requirements
- have strong project management and business analysis experience
- develop SQL scripts and Power BI (DAX code) to curate transactional datasets from systems and data from other sources
- present concise data visualisation products to business and senior management
- manage and report on project deliverables and input into daily and weekly performance meetings and weekly and monthly reporting
- produce and provide a range of documentation that will be specific to business and delivery including technical documents, workflows, diagrams, project scoping, business requirements, testing material, and other artifacts.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven industry experience in developing and delivering data visualisation products and reports (representing complex analytics/insights) to meet specified business requirements using Power BI
- Strong project management and business analysis skills.
- Proven skills to develop SQL scripts and Power BI DAX code to curate transactional datasets from the department's systems as well as data from other sources
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of systems and departmental processes to develop and/or improve Power BI reports and analytics
- Demonstrated experience in providing and presenting concise data reports and clear data visualisation products to business and management through presentations, demonstrations, direct training.
- Produce and provide a range of documentation that will be specific to business and delivery including technical documents, workflows, diagrams, project scoping, business requirements, testing material, and other artifacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, with proven experience in working across different teams and individually, and with wide ranging stakeholders/clients
- Proficient in analytical thinking to translate data into informative visuals and reports. (desirable)
- Have good knowledge or experience with using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DevOps and or Git. (desirable)
For more information or to apply, please contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 239584