Our prestigious Federal Government Client is seeking a knowledgeable Policy and Secretariat Officer to provide a range of policy and secretariat support services to a team supporting a national task force. This is an initial engagement through until June 2020, working in Canberra's south.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Planning meetings and teleconferences, and consulting on the development of agendas for committee meetings
- Developing, producing and distributing correspondence, papers and reports, in appropriate formats, for meetings, and for reporting to other committees;
- Producing timely and accurate meeting minutes and managing ongoing action items;
- Maintaining appropriate links with other parts of the Department;
- Following Department financial management requirements for Committees, ensuring appropriate use of credit cards and approvals processes;
- Arranging appropriate venues, accommodation and catering for meetings; and
- Providing administrative support for any groups/panels
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Accurate records management experience including of email and GovTEAMs systems, financial and SAP committee systems, Sharepoint and TRIM records;
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities and cope well under pressure; and
- Experience in a secretariat role
- Very good organisational, planning and coordination skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, initiative and judgement;
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearance to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 199052.
Please note only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.