Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced and motivated Policy / Departmental Officer for a long-term contract role in Canberra's south and is working on a cross agency, transitional project.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Develop policy advice to the Minister and departmental Executive, which may involve research, analysis and strategic thinking.
- Investigate, analyse and report on Program performance issues from a quality, safety and assurance perspective.
- Develop complex and technical agenda papers to support the Quality and Safety Monitoring Committee's workplan.
- Manage program, project, grant and contract activities to support a variety of cancer initiatives.
- Provide secretariat support to expert committees including preparing meeting papers, policy papers, minutes ministerial and departmental briefs and correspondence.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Ability to undertake analysis and interpretation of data and research to support program initiatives in a complex environment involving public health/clinical issues.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills including policy analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to meet agreed deadlines, work under pressure and operate effectively in times of uncertainty;
- Experience in providing technical and administrative support to high level committees and in progressing policy work through committees;
- Demonstrated writing skills with experience in preparing Ministerial and Departmental briefs, correspondence and policy papers.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 195729.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.