Primary purpose of the position
The Planning Scheduler will support the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the Agency for multiple applications across various portfolios.
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure Planning, the Planning Scheduler will be responsible for supporting the team by assisting with project management tasks, providing administrative and logistical support.
The role requires well-developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently and within a team in a dynamic environment.
Our client is seeking a Planning Scheduler to support the Foundation Services team. The Release Scheduler will provide a wide range of experience, knowledge and skills, including, but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively within the Foundation Services team to support the achievement of team objectives
- Assist with project management tasks, including project scheduling, risk and issue management, status reporting, planning, documentation, and project reviews
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the team, including scheduling meetings/calendar management, preparation for meetings (e.g. agendas, presentation preparation), documentation of meeting outcomes, recording and tracking actions, and maintaining document repositories and shared project spaces
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure contracts are accurate and correctly reflect the services to be provided
- Draft a range of correspondence and corporate documentation that range in content and complexity
- Sustain effective, collaborative relationships and networking with all internal clients and external stakeholders
To be successful in the role, you will have:
Knowledge & Skills
- Takes proactive ownership of assigned work and work independently to drive delivery of the solution that meets outcome.
- Makes competent judgment call on when items need to be escalated to Director.
- Make decisions that are based on professional judgement, evaluating risks and in the context of a complex and changing environment.
- Refers to appropriate governance for decisions that require significant change to strategic approach
- Maintains efficient line of communication with all key stakeholders.
- Exercise judgement, analytical skills and knowledge of systems and concepts to resolve issues not always governed by standard practice.
- Years of full project coordination experience
- IT Project Coordination experience
- Experience with visualisations and process mapping tools like PowerPoint and Vision etc
- Good understanding and hands on experience on MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA and Confluence
For more information or to apply, please contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: 239801