Our client is part of Melbourne's largest enterprises and is seeking a Senior Performance Engineer. This is a permanent opportunity!
About the role
The successful candidate will work in a highly crucial team that combats financial crime and will help in building automated test solutions that support the verification of new products and engineering processes. The role requires collaborating with multiple stakeholders on unit test strategy, test solutions and help identify code coverage targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing consultation to development and operational teams, building performance into products and help identify root cause issues/resolutions to performance problems within the existing platforms.
- Developing tools / or dashboards to analyse performance characteristics
- Opportunities to work with the vertical service and wider domain to optimise strategies for usage workloads such as Reducing calls to interfaces / backends, Container and Application Runtime as well as Cloud technologies.
- Focus on performance from a Customer Experience perspective and providing confidence into production deployments, ensuring that customer usage growth can be supported by the architecture/solution
- Ensuring Design / Architecture changes are assessed for operational performance risks.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience with Performance Engineering and chaos engineering
- Experience in client-side automated performance monitoring against native mobile apps, including device statistics monitoring
- Experience across full software development lifecycle: Analysis, Development, Testing, Configuration
- Experienced in Performance Testing Tools (JMeter, Performance Centre, Gatling)
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (such as Nagios, CA Wily Introscope, Splunk)
- Software development, programming or scripting languages (Java, J2EE, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell Node.js, Groovy, Go)
- Linux administration (Debian, Ubuntu and RHEL) and standard UNIX utilities and programs
- Database technologies (Oracle)/ SLQ skills
- Automation and Collaboration (Jenkins, Atlassian Suite)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva quoting reference: 198633.