Our Federal Government client is seeking an experienced Parliamentary Officer for a long-term contracting opportunity. This is an initial engagement until June 30 2020 and is working in our clients Braddon office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day processing of ministerial documents to the ministerial documents to the ministerial offices.
- Educating and training staff in the application and use of ministerial and parliamentary systems and processes
- Managing and coordinating requests for input received through the parliamentary mailbox from other Commonwealth departments
- Assisting with the Senate Estimates and parliamentary committee coordination process, including hearing preparations and post hearing activities as well as coordinating and Question Time briefing activity in the lead up to and during parliamentary sitting weeks.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Administration and coordination experience in a Commonwealth environment as well as experience working within a Ministerial and Parliamentary Section
- Proofing and editing skills, with the ability to interpret content and assess if its content is fit for purpose
- Demonstrated experience in using and administering parliamentary document management systems
- High level interpersonal, time management and communication skills
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
Please click apply now for immediate consideration.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.