Our high-profile Federal Government Client is seeking the services of a talented and knowledgeable Parliamentary Officer (APS 5 contractor equivalent) for a contract starting July 2019 until September 2019 with possible extension for up to three (3) months.
About the role:
The APS5 Parliamentary Officer will be required to provide high quality advice and client service to the Executive and staff, the Minister's Office, the Assistant Minister's Office and other key stakeholders across government.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- managing the day-to-day processing of ministerial documents to the ministerial offices, ensuring documents are of high quality, meet timing requirements and comply with ministerial and executive style preferences;
- reviewing and maintaining standard words on key topics to support the ministerial correspondence process;
- managing and coordinating requests for input received through the parliamentary mailbox from other Commonwealth departments;
- assisting with the Senate Estimates and parliamentary committee coordination process, including hearing preparations and post hearing activities (i.e. Questions on Notice); and
- coordinating and Question Time briefing activity in the lead up to and during parliamentary sitting weeks.
The successful candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- Administration and coordination experience in a Commonwealth environment required and/or experience in working within a Ministerial and Parliamentary Section.
- Proofing and editing skills, with the ability to interpret content and assess if content is fit for purpose.
- Experience in using and administering parliamentary document management systems.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
To progress with this opportunity, or to find out more about the role, please reach out to Marina Stojchevska on 02 6245 1724.
Job reference: 195706
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted.