Our client, based in the heart of Melbourne CBD is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join their high performing team.
To develop time and attendance software, including new features to meet the company's roadmap and addressing defects and supporting issues raised.
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Customer Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Results Orientation
- PHP (5.3.3+)
- MySQL (5.6)
- Basic Linux CLI skills
- In depth knowledge of developing software using the web technologies including PHP, JQuery, MySQL, Apache, Linux, HTML, CSS, XML and RESTful.
- Solid knowledge and experience of Object Oriented programming principles, design patterns and open source frameworks
- Implement PHP Unit tests
- Refactor the existing PHP by removing duplicate functions and modifying the code-base appropriately.
- Ensure the PHP is ready for upgrade to a newer version and improve performance of existing code.
- Migrate all database functionality to a central location
- Upgrade the database layer to newer technologies (e.g. new PHP MySQL drivers or if possible an abstraction framework).
- Testing of work prior to release.
If you have the skills and experience, apply now, as this opportunity won't be around for long.