Our Federal Government Client is seeking an enthusiastic Outreach Librarian for an initial 12-month contracting opportunity with potential extension options. The Outreach Librarian will be responsible for providing information resources and appropriate services to our client's research area. This role is to be worked from our clients Canberra based offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining relationships with research teams to ensure that information resources and services are applicable to research needs
- Delivering services associated with research needs and acting on feedback to input into service improvement
- Providing user support (including training where required) for information systems such as external information resources and information management systems such as ePublish/RPR and DAP.
- Performing Complex citation analysis, publication advice, citation management advice and literature/data and patent searching
The successful candidate will possess:
- A high-level knowledge of the systems to deliver information resources
- The ability to form and maintain productive client relationships across geographic boundaries in a virtual service delivery model.
- Experience in delivering effective training both virtual and in person
- Knowledge and experience in the use of communication and collaboration tools, specifically video conferencing, Wiki and SharePoint
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the research lifecycle and its associated information input and outputs as well as the application of the principles of information description and retrieval
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 199449
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position