The Oracle Database Engineering team are the System Owners for the Oracle database platforms within the organisation. They design, build and support Oracle platforms that offer Oracle in both a private cloud environment or on dedicated infrastructure; provisioning highly available platforms conforming to the latest Oracle architectural standards built on Oracle Exadata.
- Define and promote best practices in terms of Oracle design and implementation
- Design and Implement highly available Oracle platforms and databases that are designed to meet the needs of our customers
- Support onboarding of tenants onto our private cloud solutions
- Provide consultancy to our customers to ensure they get the best value from their investments in the platform
- Performance tune
- Provide input into architecture and design
Key skills and experience required
- Strong experience as an Oracle Infrastructure DBA on Exadata with 12c multi-tenant DB
- In-depth understanding of Exadata architecture
- Advanced Unix/Linux operating system and shell scripting skills.
- Advanced understanding of the principles of Maximum Availability Architecture
- Advanced understanding of the principles of database design, concurrency and issues affecting performance and scalability in a high volume Oracle OLTP environment
- Strong understanding of the security implications within Exadata and database design
- Advanced PL/SQL development skills
- Advanced tuning skills in a high volume Enterprise grade Oracle RDBMS
- Proven experience in capacity planning and monitoring at both an Exadata and database level
- Demonstrated capabilities performing patching on Exadata systems and Databases hosted on Exadata
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above and believe you are the right candidate for the role above then APPLY NOW on the link below!!