Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Oracle Database Developer.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2022 with 12 months extension option, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Undertake database analysis, design, development, enhancement, implementation and/or database support services for information technology systems in an n-tier
- Oracle RDBMS and Java/WebSphere environment.
- Provide scripts for the creation and manipulation of databases, along with documentation that supports the Change process.
- Review and optimize SQL code and scripts for project teams and for production support.
- Provide guidance for the optimization and tuning of database designs.
- Maintaining database design models in Data Modeler.
- Provide technical advice and direction to team members and contribute to section level discussions on architecture and strategic direction.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of standards and products for the long-term maintenance of databases.
- Develop and maintain system/technical documentation; ability to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Investigate and resolve production system applications failure.
- In addition to the above core skills, the developer will be required to:
- Work with Business Analysts, DBAs Java developers and to identify solution/s to issues
- Undertake unit testing and participate in code reviews/walkthroughs of all changes to ensure all changes meet business requirements as specified
- Follow change control processes to ensure all solutions are implemented efficiently
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience in an Oracle 12c/19c environment including PL/SQL and SQL.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience working with Oracle types, Nested Tables & multi-dimensional Collections.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A minimum of three (3) years programming using Oracle products.
- A minimum of three (3) years programming using PL/SQL (12c or higher).
- Proven experience with system development methodologies, including Agile.
- Proven experience with change management processes and tools.
- Excellent team-working skills along with high-level oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in the production and maintenance of quality documentation and, the ability to actively transfer knowledge and skills.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #213084
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.