Global IT Consulting Business are seeking a dynamic and and experienced Oracle DBA to join their team and play a key role on an engagement at one of their Tier 1 clients based in the Sydney CBD.
This is an initial 6 month contract with option to extend.
Candidates should be able to commence at short notice
Candidates need to be available to work on a 24/7 rotational shift basis
You will be accountable for:
* Acting as an authoritative figure to lead customers through Oracle Database and Middleware Managed Services activities;
* Being proactive in identifying areas of concern, determining a course of action for resolution
* Assisting in defining procedures and processes to increase customer satisfaction;
* Delivering excellence in customer support as per service level agreements;
* Ensuring currency and continual development of knowledge in the products and delivery methods of the
* Ensuring Oracle Best Practices are followed
* Providing Guidance and knowledge transfer to colleagues and the customers in alignment with industry best practices.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
* Minimum of 8 years experience as an Oracle DBA,
* Experienced customer facing skills within an outsourced or consulting environment
* Good communication skills
Relevant experience in the following:
- Oracle Database (10g, 11g, 12c)
- Oracle architecture and administration
- Strong performance tuning capabilities at database and SQL levels
- Strong Oracle RAC 10g/11g/12c architecture and configuration skills
- DataGuard / DR
- RMAN Backup and Recovery
- OEM GridControl 11g/12c
- Operating System
- UNIX and Windows platform experience form DBA perspective
- Shell and Batch Scripting
- Preferred Oracle Cloud/AWS.
- Preferred MySQL experience
- Preferred Oracle Exadata/ODA hands-on experience is highly regarded
Please hit the apply button now to submit your CV. Peoplebank reference 198706