- Large team based in the Sydney CBD
- Leader in the IT&T Industry
- Supporting critical Cisco and Linux based platform
Our client a leader in the IT&T industry have an opportunity for a strong Network and Systems Engineer to join their team based in the Sydney CBD.
The role will be responsible for the operational support (level 2/3) of a critical, large enterprise platform built on Linux (RHEL) systems and Cisco network devices. The position will also be acting as the escalation point and customer liaison for operational matters on the platform. Additionally, the role will coordinate capacity and performance optimisation activities in line with formal ITIL process.
The platform is supported 24x7 so suitable applicants must be willing to work in an on call (rotating) capacity.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- At least 5 years experience in Linux (RHEL 6 and 7) administration and scripting.
- At least 5 years experience with Cisco Switches and Routers (CCNA minimum).
- Experience with F5 load balancers, Checkpoint firewalls and Scripting (bash/perl/python).
- ITIL certifications or at least extensive experience working in ITIL environments.
- Previous experience working in an Operational Support and IT Services capacity.
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative nature.
If you wish to apply to apply for the position please APPLY NOW or call Patric on (02) 9409 4766 for a confidential discussion