We are looking for a Network Principal or General Manager level candidate to own the Commercial Leadership of this Telco's Network Stream.
This role will see you:
- Align functional unit teams in N&IT to identify, quantify and prioritise key supplier-related strategic initiative programs and opportunities to deliver better value to Telstra
- Confirm commercial inputs from technical and operational outcomes (requirements/specification, scope, cost, resourcing, operational metrics, contracting model)
- Lead the development and execution of major commercial agreements for N&IT to deliver key priorities
- Utilise product infrastructure and technology roadmaps to leverage opportunities from evolving and future technologies, whilst managing the capacity and deployment of the network infrastructure to meet product growth
- Support the development of new products and infrastructure
- Identify and drive unit cost reduction opportunities through simplification, rationalisation and smart application of new technology
- Manage technology supplier communication
Your Skills and Expertise:
- Commercial Leadership:
- Understand Networks & IT strategy and translate this into commercial requirements.
- Participate in or lead the negotiation of commercial arrangements with suppliers and partners to deliver favourable outcomes.
- Legal and Regulatory:
- Understand the legal and regulatory frameworks relevant to the Australian telecommunications industry.
- Understand key legal issues and their implications on supplier agreements.
- Techno-economic modelling:
- Build commercial models which underpin logic-based decision making for major investments.
- Understand technical fundamentals and the cost and benefit drivers of network and IT deployments.
- Convey complex technology concepts in a concise manner to executive audiences.
Network Business and Commercial - Defines and manages business and commercial agreements for the cost-effective delivery of network solutions:
Business case: Owns the development of compelling business cases, working across the organisation to identify costs and benefits for different business units, performs sensitivity analysis and presents multiple business case options for assessment, critically evaluating designs for resilience, cost-effectiveness, scalability, security and performance
Partners and Vendors: Significantly contributes to the development of commercial arrangements with vendors and partners to ensure cost effective delivery of high quality networks and solutions. Manages commercial relationships for a significant functional area within Networks
Commercial Strategy: Substantially contributes to commercial strategy to deliver required outcomes. Critically assesses technology selection to determine most economically viable solutions, taking into account deployment costs and all ongoing costs this may include consideration of capital expenditure versus consumption services models
Your Background and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in a related commercial role
- Engineering Exposure
- Strong written and verbal problem solving and communication skills; ability to effectively present complex information to various technical and management levels; ability to synthesise and provide insights
- Excellent time and task management, interpersonal skills, and the ability to encourage and direct activities without direct management authority
Apply now with your CV in Word format