- 5 Year Greenfield IT Transformation Program
- Close Knit Team Culture & Flat Management Structure
- Great Career Opportunity - Add Real Value
About the company
For more than 60 years, this Top-Quality Beef Producer has been committed to providing customers in Australia and around the world with a superior beef product. They have grown from a family farm into one of Australia's largest meat processors and a prominent leader in the Australian meat industry, with revenue in excess of AU$1b per annum.
About the role
Hiring a new CFO and Technology Manager and receiving a significant investment in the company, they have sign-off for a 5 year program to upgrade their technology. This will involve an upgrade to best-in-class enterprise infrastructure and applications, as well as leveraging digital technology to deliver competitive advantage in an international landscape.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Management of Cisco routing equipment (predominantly ASA1K and ISR4K routers) at all locations including but not limited to BGP routing to Telstra MPLS network, access list development and administration, QoS, internal routing and remote access for end users via Cisco VPN client.
- Management of Netgear switching infrastructure (predominantly 4300 series L3 switches) in ring backbone topology, switch stacking topologies, vlan and trunking port assignment etc.
- Management of Unifi wireless infrastructure across all locations. The wireless network forms a critical part of the network topology and service offering predominantly at the regional based abattoir where production equipment such as mobile barcode scanners are utilised on a daily basis.
- Management of Checkpoint firewall infrastructure (predominantly 5300 series appliances) including firewall and application ruleset administration, management of HA clustering to ensure fault tolerance, general auditing for unauthorised changes and/or identifying consistently blocked traffic from end points that may need remediation.
- VMware virtual networking administration including virtual switch configuration and management of a future virtual firewall infrastructure.
Benefits & culture
Coming from a background as a family owned business, there is very much a culture of pride in the work that is being done and in the businesses success, you will be able to work closely with the core of the business with no impenetrable layers of management!
As mentioned, this is the beginning of a 5-year Greenfield IT upgrade so you will have the opportunity to be part of building the Network and Security Infrastructure for one of Australia's leading businesses, who are also bucking the trend and are committed to keeping all their operations on-shore.