About the Company
This is a large Iconic Australian organisation that is a leader in their field and is highly regarded by the IT community.
About the role
The Network Solution Architect will be accountable for the overall successful design of assigned projects. The projects are complex and will involve resources from multiple teams, external contractors & service providers.
- Demonstrate technical and advisory skills for the S&A team;
- Provide the organisation with Solution Architecture services across Cloud Remote Access Services, CCP Resiliency & Perimeter and Data Centre Network Refresh projects
- Advance the solutions in alignment with the company's standards, target state architecture, and alignment with the Enterprise Architecture reference model;
- Work with the business to assist in developing the technical solution to deliver business requirements;
- Provide the depth of knowledge across the solutions; and
- Provide regular briefings and presentations to the Architecture Working Group, Enterprise Architecture Review Board and key business stakeholders.
- Develop end-state architectures in alignment with strategies and standards
- Capturing business requirements
- Developing technical architectures and roadmaps in alignment with approved strategies and standards
- Communicating plans and architectures to internal stakeholders
- Scope requirements for telecommunications solutions and document funding and resource requirements.
- Development and assessment of solution options
- Developing technical design documentation, high and low level design documents, test plans, test reports and recommendations
- Configuration of telecommunications and security platforms in a multi-vendor environment
- Documentation of as-built configurations
- Development and execution of test plans
- Training operations staff
- Creating operating and maintenance procedures
- Design solutions, leveraging Ausgrid's existing ICT assets.
- Specification of solution architecture, and end to end logical design
Skills and experience
- Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, such as TOGAF;
- Familiar with change and incident management in line with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and experience and understanding of DR/BCP processes, ability to execute and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Demonstrated experience with Technology / product assessment and selection;
- Expertise in analysis and in-depth troubleshooting across various platforms and technologies;
- A demonstrated high degree of self-motivation, preparedness to accept responsibility, and the ability to facilitate the development of innovative solutions to problems, an ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with other senior and experienced engineers and architects; and
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and Strong customer service orientation
- Technical expertise in architecture, designing and implementing new Telecommunications systems based on technology from vendors, such as Juniper, Cisco, Aruba, Alcatel-Lucent and F5;
- Experience in Cloud (IaaS/PaaS) architectures
- Experience with Aruba Wireless in Large Enterprise deployments
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience defining Azure based solutions.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Eugene on 02 82672467
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.