Network/ Systems Engineer - FIFO
The engineer will be working in an OT environment supporting Rail operations. The level of engineer required is Senior Engineer with proven, networking, systems, and firewall experience.
The Engineer will be employed to drive the design and delivery of complex IT/OT Systems, Network and Communications!
- A minimum of 5 years in a networking and communications support role in mining / manufacturing / processing operations
- Minimum 2 years OT expereience
- Experience with Juniper and / or Cisco equipment in LAN, WAN, Campus and Data centre technologies.
- Experience with perimeter firewalls Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet.
- Minimum 5 years Juniper or Cisco experience: switching, routing and firewalls, configuration and support.
- Proven support of Moxa, Hitachi, Microwave, Veem, VMware
- High level understanding of routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- High level understanding of network Quality of Service (QoS) configurations.
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco products and solution options.
- High level of understanding of Ethernet networks and fieldbuses.
- Knowledge and support of Hitachi Systems
- Strong troubleshooting, fault finding and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify what, how, and why something happened to prevent recurrence using root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines, both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Skilled at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Professional documentation skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work effectively in both project and operational environments.
- Strong stakeholder and vendor management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Cisco CCNP
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT, JNCIP-ENT
- Juniper JNCIP-SEC
- Experience working with Alan Bradley Control Logix systems.
- Experience working with large scale SCADA systems
- Work for a tier 1 mining company
- Accomodation, travel and food allowances provided
- Competitive rates
- Long term contract and career opportunities
- Inclusive and supportive work culture
If you have the skills and responsibilities for this position, please apply for the role via the link below or contact me for more information -
Contact - Charlotte Tobin
Number - (08) 9423 1400
Job reference number - (213071)