- Large team based in the Sydney CBD
- Leader in the IT&T Industry
- Supporting critical Cisco, Checkpoint, MySQL and Linux based environment
Our client a leader in the Telecommunications industry have an opportunity for a strong Network and Systems Engineer to join their team based in the Sydney CBD.
The role will be responsible for the operational support (level 1/2/3) of a critical, large enterprise platform built on Cisco and Checkpoint network devices as well as Linux (RHEL) systems and MySQL. The position will also be acting as the escalation point and customer liaison for operational matters on the platform. Additionally, the role will coordinate capacity and performance optimisation activities in line with formal ITIL process.
The platform is supported 24x7 so suitable applicants must be willing to work in an on call (rotating) capacity.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must have
- At least 5 years experience with Cisco Switches and Routers (CCNA minimum) and Checkpoint firewalls
- At least 5 years experience in Linux (RHEL 6 and 7) administration and scripting.
- Experience with MySQL and Scripting (bash/perl/python).
- ITIL certifications or at least extensive experience working in ITIL environments.
- Previous experience working in an Operational Support and IT Services capacity.
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative nature.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please either APPLY NOW or contact Patric Byrne on (02) 9409 4766 quoting reference: 186253
Please click the apply button