Initial 12 Month Contract
Data networking and security products support
Routing & Switching & SD_WAN
Network Design / System Integration
An experienced Network Support Engineer with a strong technical background in Network design, data networking and security products support. The role will cover a wide range of responsibilities in the areas of data networking and wireless ranging from design, commissioning, network changes, audits, network trouble shooting and support to customers. Support services include support and troubleshooting activities remotely and working on site at customer premises which include level 1/2 diagnostics during both business and after hours.
- Design - the design of the customer solution resides with the data engineer. In some case this will be a design encompassing only data components and can be completed by the data engineer. In other cases, in a more complex environment the solution may involve the other areas of business, Voice, and Applications. In these cases, the data engineer will work closely with the other disciplines to ensure the overall solution will work to the customers business requirements.
- Network Changes - involvement in the planning and perform network changes to customer data networks during business and after hours. These will sometimes be done in conjunction with Project Management, in which close liaison with the PM will be required. In other cases, the data engineer will be responsible for rollout of the solution and/or the network changes. Working with the Network Operations Manager for resourcing the work appropriately and engaging other teams or any sub contractors where necessary.
- Support - Provide network support to customers who have maintenance contracts or are paying T&M rates for maintenance. This will include remote diagnostics via telephone and dial in to the customer network. Should onsite attendance be necessary the engineer will engage onsite engineers to attend site. Co-ordinate a field service person or sub-contractor to attend. Ownership of fault resolution is with the network engineer through to completion.
- Presale's activity which includes scoping and quoting all data networking and security products and services in the Company Data Networking portfolio. Engage with sales team which include presentations, design sessions and converting a customer business requirement into a technical solution.
- Assist with some of the delivery of professional services on network design, commissioning, audit, and wireless audit when required.
- On call after hours support to NOC customers when required.
- Work with staff/vendors to test problems to come up with solutions to fixes, patches etc.
- Verify the conformity of all the equipment in the customer solution
- Escalate issues to Vendors when required
- Raise the quality of standards & quality of services offered, measured on Customer service. This will include closure time of problems, response times, & customer survey.
- Be Aware of all costs & tracking. Adhere to the most economical solution in delivering services
- Fully support & liaise with the service management team to provide solutions and develop internal and external processes.
- Ensure all call log reports are completed, and closed within the guidelines required, and that all documentation is forwarded to Customer Support for billing.
- Work with the team to ensure successful installations are completed, and customer satisfaction is maintained and increased.
- Complete a weekly summary report and timesheet indicating hours spent each week and submit to Network Team lead.
- Good knowledge in Cisco wireless and WAN technologies
- Good knowledge in Cisco SD_WAN products
- Experience in supporting Cisco Data Centre Environments would be desirable
- Experience in supporting Cisco Routing and switching, ISR, ASR and 38xx products.
- Experience in supporting Cisco MPLS network and trouble shooting.
- Experience in managing major incidents and working with technical team of L2/ network engineers.
- 5-10 years' experience working with Cisco networking products in a project and support engagement
- 3-4 years' experience working within Network design
- Must have experience working in mission critical environments.
- Must have experience working within ITILv3 service management framework.
- Certified Cisco CCNP in Routing and Switching.
- A solid understanding of Cisco data networking products.
- Proven experience in major incidents management with solid methodologies and attention to details.
- 5-10 years' experience in networking and/or a technical management role in technical support and/or incident management roles.
If interested, please select APPLY or contact Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 238800