Our client is one of Queensland Governments largest employers and is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join a team working on the regional delivery arm of ICT services assisting customers/users with ICT planning and maintenance and supporting network infrastructure across various sites.
This role will see you responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of the ICT environment and systems through the application of a high level of knowledge and technical skills in a number of the following technologies:
- Cisco switching, routing and wireless infrastructure
- HP Switches and Wireless Controllers
- Network monitoring and management systems
- Understand of network diagnostic tools (e.g. Sniffers) to resolve issues
To be successful in this role you will need to meet the following evaluation criteria:
- Proven experience and detailed knowledge in configuring, administering and maintaining operational systems within an ICT environment;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability including the capacity to research and resolve ICT related issues within time constraints and shifting priorities;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues and clients by providing technical expertise while operating collaboratively with peers or business representatives to meet expectations and deadlines;
- Focus on achieving objectives, even in difficult circumstances and remaining positive and responsive to pressure in a calm and controlled manner; and
- High level of skill in oral and written communication including collecting business requirements, participative decision making, negotiation and team leadership, across diverse internal and external stakeholders.
Please note this role will be primarily based out the Cairns office and will be visiting facilities in Far North Qld, therefore applicants must be willing to travel.
Apply Now! Or contact Carrie Watts on 3319 7516 for a confidential discussion today quoting reference number 193216