About the role
Network Security Engineer / Solution Designer applies knowledge to solve complex ICT issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Utilize consulting skills including questioning, listening, ideas development, personal rapport and subject matter familiarity to accomplish project responsibilities. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, managing capability requirements, and integrating of solutions into varied environments.
- Work with the Solution Architect /Chief Engineer /Project Manager as appropriate to gather, review and analyse the customer's requirements, which includes client/account interactions as required
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
- Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Responsible for design and engineering solutions based on client patterns, best practices and offerings.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
- Responsible for design, development, implementation using the Global Engineering specifications, methodology and practical application of ITIL practices and processes
Skills and experience
- Ability to conduct/lead status/technical meetings with management or clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Requirements Management
- Able to discuss requirements with the customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate.
- From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver.
- Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form appropriate for varying target audiences.
- Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP/RFQ questions).
- Owns and contributes to the technical design of customer solutions.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and/or reports/documentation for delivery to tech lead/project manager.
- Ability to interact with clients and co-suppliers in clear and concise language.
- Problem Resolution
- Ability to logically approach a problem from definition through resolution.
- Ability to define a root cause analysis of an issue and explain causals, contributors and resolutions to clients and other team members
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Understanding of SRE principles and DevOps principles.
- Ability to write and execute in a scripting language
- Knowledge of Rest APIs
- Willingness to develop skills and knowledge in this discipline
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Abegail Baniqued on 02 9054 0955 quoting reference 207158.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.