Network Project Engineer (Network Access Control)
Initial 6 months contract
Work for a reputable and international Telco company.
- Own network project activities and drive upgrades and configuration standardization while meeting the schedule and following change control processes.
- Apply sound technical knowledge of network functionality when making changes
- Document and communicate changes to network infrastructure as part of handover to Network Operations
- Implement detailed designs in accordance with the agreed network design architecture
- To actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Must have professional experience in the IT industry, specifically with full end to end network support of global multi-nationals. Must be familiar with supporting and troubleshooting in MPLS and VPN environments.
- Must understand and have exposure to load balancing technologies and application delivery controllers
- Broad knowledge of network technologies with a focus on Network Access Control
- Must have hands on experience of various switching platforms like Catalyst 9200/9300 & 7600/4500 platforms, Experience on Nexus platform preferred. Solid experience with spanning tree and VLAN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Must have solid hands on experience on routing protocol like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Effective communication and documentation skills; and ability to work with technical teams.
- Familiar with IPAM (Solarwinds IPAM) software along with addressing and re-addressing
- Solid understanding of DHCP and DNS
- Ability to read and interpret network standards
- Ability to plan network changes to ensure standards compliance
TECHNICAL SKILLS Desired
- Networking: LAN/WAN/, TCP/IP, Load balancing, DNS, DHCP. ACL, Routing, VLAN, VPN.
- Router & Switches, Viptela, Security, LB Devices: Citrix, F5
- Wireless Eg. Cisco / ARUBA / WLC, Cisco WAPs, Meraki
- Firewalls: Palo Alto
- Knowledge of QOS and WAN performance management
- Azure and AWS networking
- Solarwinds Products: NPM, NCM, IPAM, SAM
- Aruba ClearPass or other NAC solutions
- CCIE (Routing and Switching) preferred but not required
- 6- 10 years of experience in an IT network support/design role
If this role sounds of interest to you, please click the "APPLY" button now.
For more details on this role, please call Meg at 02 82672478 quoting job# 247921