About the role:
The Network Engineer is responsible for assisting capability development programs in delivering a range of technical capabilities to the client. The role involves both design and implementation of new systems and maintenance of legacy systems.
The successful candidate will need highly developed system network design and configuration skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel.
The position is full time onsite in Canberra only.
- Produce network designs, design patterns, configurations, and documentation.
- Work with systems architects to engineer network device configurations, network capacity, capability and performance analysis.
- Produce documentation in accordance with agreed design standards, policies and procedures.
- Implement, configure and maintain devices including Cisco, HPE and Juniper.
- Develop procedures and undertake routine installations and de-installations of hardware and/or software.
- Use network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Plan work and lead small teams of technical specialists.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience in complex ICT network design and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of communications infrastructure, internal and external, remote access, public and private, WAN and LAN.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens able to obtain government and other clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Ben van Loggerenberg on (02) 6268 9703 quoting Job Reference: 211481
Please note: Only candidates that meet all of the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.