Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Network Engineer with a particular focus on network security operations.
This is a long-term contract role for until 30 June 2021 with possible extension options until 2024, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Design, development, implementation, documentation and transition services between firewall and network security products across multiple environments - working with other technical and business resources as required.
- Ensuring the ongoing stability, availability and optimised performance of PM&C's multi-vendor firewall environment.
- Performing regular security reviews and auditing of implemented firewall rules, and consolidating as required.
- Participation in on-call activities as required.
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships - including executives, business representatives, project managers and PMC staff.
- Where required - incident and problem resolution.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects - including managing technical requirements, risks and issues, approvals and the balancing of multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated capability to work within a high-performing multi-disciplinary team, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A thorough operational knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Protective Security Framework Policy (PSFP), and other International Standards (ISO's).
- Ability to perform daily interactions with peers and senior staff in relation to firewall rule implementation, review and troubleshooting.
- Solid generalist skills in network engineering - including configuration, trouble shooting, service and security management tools for routing and switch platforms.
- The resource will demonstrate advanced skills in the following technologies:
- Experience with a range of vendor firewall solutions, including Cisco ASAs
- Applying firewall and route/switch policy as applicable to a multiple security classification environment
- Centralised management and monitoring tools for firewalls and network devices
- Government firewall and routing policy, such as interoperating with GovLINK and other Government agencies
- IDS/IPS solutions
- Experience in some or most of the following network technologies is highly desirable:
- VMware NSX
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess NV1 Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 209722
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.