- Contract plus extension
- Leading government agency
- Exciting role
Our client is an experienced Network Engineer to join Infrastructure and Network team. The team is responsible for implementation of network architectural solutions that support mission critical departmental services.
- Facilitate the implementation of network services and infrastructure designs, specifically related to the edge environments and associated application infrastructure.
- Co-ordinate with Information Technology Directorate teams and other key stakeholders to implement solutions and network architecture solutions as required.
- Production of operational, functional and technical documents (both high level architectural and low level detailed) as required for Information Technology Directorate teams.
- Facilitate the planning, implementation, support and documentation of network implementation activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Expertise in the implementation of large enterprise networks including Routing, Switching, Firewall, Load balancing, Proxy, DNS, DHCP.
- Expertise in Cisco, Palo Alto and next Gen firewall technologies.
- Understanding of high-level architectural designs and low-level detailed designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to facilitate designs through collaboration with technical subject matter experts.
- Expertise working in an enterprise data centre supporting multi-vendor operating systems.
- Expertise with application switching devices such as enterprise proxy servers and content filters.
- Ability to work under large enterprise network with set deadlines and demonstrate a process orientated approach to delivery.
- Attention to detail and strong task management.
- Candidates with past experience in Enterprise wide WAN and security migration projects will be preferable.
- Ability to translate design documents into implementation plans that align with current Departmental practices and processes.
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Ref: 207 746
Applications close 09/12/2020, please submit after in the event the role is re-opened to further applications