A leading player in the Telecommunications industry that is responsible for deploying a wide range of mission critical radio communication products for multiple Government and mining organizations is on the hunt for an experienced Network Engineer to work a 12 month contract in their Perth branch.
The Network Engineer's role will be to undertake system design, installation and commissioning of the client's customers networks and deliver the ongoing Network support services. Secondary to the role will be to perform pre-sales engineering tasks in support of sales proposals and customer requests.
Please note: travel to regional sites across WA to perform installations will be required, as well as occasional interstate travel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Install and commission Switching equipment as per system design;
- Configure and Commission networks for Radio sites;
- Produce installation and configuration plan documentation;
- Produce factory and field acceptance test procedure documentation;
- Ensure installation and configuration is in accordance with documentation and Motorola Quality Installation Standards;
- Manage and conduct factory and field acceptance tests.
Required skills include:
- Strong, recent, commercial experience working as a Network Engineer;
- Wireless networks including Mobile Broadband (LTE), WIFI and WIMAX;
- Experience with a wide range of network products and systems including system installation, commissioning, systems fault finding, diagnosis and resolution;
- Experience with Layer 2 and 3 protocols and practices;
- Experienced in Network Security and Firewalls;
- Experience working in systems design, back haul, IP, and transmission to support the communications network;
- Knowledge of Radio networks;
- Experience with WAN technologies, routing and security;
- Understanding of IP architecture and networking (both wired and wireless);
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent customer support and stakeholder engagement experience is a must;
- Bachelor degree qualification (Telecommunications/Engineering, IT/Data Networks) or equivalent experience.
- Join a leading Telecommunications company;
- An opportunity to work onsite with some highly reputed clients.
If you have the skills and experience we are seeking above, it is preferred that you apply now with a resume that demonstrates relevant experience. All resumes will be reviewed and suitable candidates contacted for a confidential discussion.
Contact: Amy Richardson - 9423 1400 (188535)