Network Engineer - Routing & Switching
Work for a highly respected, global and reputed organization in the heart of Perth CBD. Our client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join their established and forward-thinking team to work on high visibility projects.
The role will enable you to be involved in the growth and innovation of the organization. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement step-change technologies that sets this business apart from their competitors.
List the key objectives and key results expected from the contractor:
Manage the project changes, site based requirements and the design & implementation works delivered by vendors.
Define the role and responsibilities:
- Health and safety for working on site in the resources and/or similar industrial environment.
- Industrial/production control networks
- Implementation of physical and virtual firewalls
- Routing and switching technologies (OSPF, BGP) in a Cisco environment
- Review of Low-Level Designs and Implementation Plans
- Management of Change
- Change and Release (in ServiceNow ideally)
- Configuration of network equipment in Lab for deployment to site
- Potential onsite activities to audit and install.
- Stakeholder management
- Risk Mitigation
- Receipt hardware, perform Factory Acceptance Tests and configure equipment.
- Deploy equipment to site (including shipping, receipt, and secure storage on site)
- Physically install, configure, and commission the firewall devices (using Cisco FMC) and associated equipment.
- Migrate network traffic to the new firewalls (performed as individual cutovers for Production, Plant critical and Plant non-critical services)
- Transition the firewall devices and equipment to support.
- Decommission the redundant firewalls.
Describe the qualifications and skills required to perform the work:
- Industry qualifications - Cisco Networking
- Work for a tier 1 company
- Great CBD location & state of the art office
- Ability to gain further and relevant technologies
- Long term career opportunities
- Inclusive and supportive work culture
If you have the skills and responsibilities for this position, please apply for the role via the link below or contact me for more information -
Contact - Charlotte Tobin
Number - (08) 9423 1400
Job reference number - (214293)