The project is delivering a secure, safe and supportable wireless (WiFi) platform that will 'future proof schools' wireless requirements for a period of up to eight years, as well as underpinning the delivery of NAPLAN online.
- Networking Topologies - LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Cisco or HP routing and switching
- Ekahau wireless planning software
- Cisco suite - Routers, switches, wireless, WAN acceleration and Prime
- HP iMC, Statseeker, Compuware, SNMP toolsets
- Australian telecommunications cabling standards
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Data solutions
- ITIL awareness and methodologies
- Formal Qualification's in Cabling standards will be looked at favourable.
- Undertake a range of activities with emphasis on LAN active equipment to support voice and data solutions, including limited research, requirements analysis, and solution design, scope of work development and handover, systems planning and customer relationship management.
- With limited supervision undertake the development and implementation of new/improved processes, practices, standards, policies and/or systems through the provision of specialist expertise including providing timely and appropriate information and recommendations to support high quality decision making.
- Consult with clients and customers, including schools, regional and central office staff and technical officers for minor projects.
- Provide the interface between customers and technical specialists to ensure business requirements are understood and can be met.
- Lead, or make significant contributions toward, the design of the agreed scope of work and collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
- Prepare plans, approaches and timeframes for the delivery of new ICT policies, standards and solutions, and ensure their effective and efficient implementation.
- Liaise effectively with project management teams, by actively participating in all phases, to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Liaise with Regional Systems Technicians, School Technicians and School Representatives to fully understand individual school requirements and resolve any site specific design issues.
Apply Now! Or contact Carrie Watts or Elisha Saggar on 3319 7555 for a confidential discussion quoting reference #199263