Our client has a complex and diverse portfolio in the engineering, infrastructure and defence related space. They are currently seeking a Technical Support Officer with a baseline clearance to join their team in Cairns. In this role you will be supporting the introduction of a deployable Rapid Environmental Assessment capability.
While the skill set indicates the requirement for a tertiary qualified engineer the duties and responsibilities are closer aligned for a former technical Leading Seaman or Chief/Petty Officer.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Be accountable for organising their workflow and making independent decisions relating to their area of responsibility. They will interpret and provide technical advice within the materiel management function area based on legislation, policy and procedures. They will undertake specialist research and analysis, conduct investigations and perform procedural, clerical, administrative support work to achieve results;
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders to identify, respond and provide advice on issues to achieve an operational work unit and Defence outcomes;
- Monitor and review the procedures, processes, management and delivery of preventative and corrective maintenance to allocated materiel logistics platforms and systems in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements;
- Investigate and resolve problems using expertise, taking the initiative to identify alternative courses of actions.
- Process TM200, URDEF, PIR, ECPs and develop informed practical responses;
- Provide Technical Writing support.
- Review, monitor, analyse, implement and maintain materiel logistics plans, correspondence, briefs, reports and processes and procedures related to the maintenance support system for allocated systems;
- Provide advice and support to the materiel logistics team for Transition of the allocated systems Into Service and to maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance support system for the allocated systems;
- And Understand or have an awareness of the Operational Command and Control of Logistics at Strategic, Operational and Tactical Levels and its effect on allocated materiel logistics platforms.
For more information, please submit a detailed resume by following the below prompts. Or for a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Drury on 07 3319 7556.