Mining Systems Engineer
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- This new role will expose you to exciting technology and challenge the way you work
- Based in Perth Operations Centre
About the role
We are looking for a Advisor for my clients mining systems. You will be responsible for coordination, engineering and upkeep of HME Mining systems, installations, maintenance and backend database/server management on applications maintained within the Mining Systems control.
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated technician to join a dynamic team which strives to improve monitoring systems on HME used within the Open Pit mining environment. Reporting to the Superintendent Mining Systems, you will:
- Responsible for hardware/software upgrades
- Firmware validation and control across all the applications
- Factor acceptance and site acceptance testing
- Level 2 support for Core Services / MEM
- Work with asset Core Services / MEM to establish best practice of operation and connectivity
- for MTI Installed assets and applications as a whole.
- Challenge system constraints on a daily basis utilising various reporting tools.
- Mentor Core Services and assist training to identify and standardise best practice.
- Coordinate effective communication between Production systems / Core Service and MEM.
- Report back to the superintendent production systems on successes and issues impacting
- Validate vendor generated data and scorecards.
- Monitor equipment connectivity and system integrity to identify recurring issues or impacts.
- Participate in S1/2 lean meetings.
- Compile weekly availability reports and feedback identified issues to superintendent
- production systems.
- Accountable for data accuracy.
- Installation Standardisation enabling maximum system reliability / accessibility.
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders including Superintendents, Supervisors and
- Engineers regarding.
- Provide guidance to the on-the-job trainer/assessors including assisting the supervisor with
- defining performance expectation for these roles and providing feedback on performance.
- Assist with defining performance expectations for external contractors and monitor and coach
- performance against these standards including implementing corrective and improvement
- MMSI integration
- MineCare Integration
- Migration of system support and diagnostics to Asset Health Team
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- 5 years Mining Experience as a minimum.
- Extensive experience in Mining Systems Applications.
- Extensive control room and control systems operational experience.
- Experience in interrogating reports and system integrity.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Trade Qualification or above in Electrical / Communications or similar.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Supervisory exposure.
- MTI / Structural Monitoring system experience
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of MTI, Modular Dispatch System, Machine Guidance and control Systems,
- Mining HME Equipment, MineCare, site hierarchy and work groups, In Pit Wireless Networks,
- IP Radio, and use of computerised information management systems.