The Microsoft Engineer is responsible for conducting complex activities and tasks relating to provision of new servers, appliances and other systems required for client infrastructure, including initial configuration, ongoing maintenance, monitoring and reporting and other tasks.
The Microsoft Engineer will also provide escalated support via phone, email, ticketing and instant messaging. The position will be leading new developments and deployments by coordinating with the delivery team to meet the needs of the project and the organisation, whilst working cohesively and flexibly with related stakeholders to the client.
Skills and experience:
- Proficient knowledge over a wide range of Microsoft's products and integration with other COTS products
- Extensive Enterprise Windows Server - design, deploy, configure large installations.
- Experience managing server workloads on virtual platforms such as Vmware, Hyper-V or equivalent hybrid cloud solutions, and administering one or more 3rd party COTS integration products.
- Experience in managing and deploying email clients and secure gateway tools.
- Experience in administering Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DCHP
- Experience in applying a security first design approach for implementing changes to existing or newly designed systems
- Experience in the design and implementation of best practice solutions in alignment with the whole of government cyber security overlay and compliance with the Essential 8
- Extensive experience in delivering capability utilising the systems engineering lifecycle and/or DevOps and Identify, document, and resolve issues and/or problems that arise during the course of capability development projects.
- Provide input and advice to internal system reviews and mandated system reviews in accordance with Project Design Authority requirements.
Australian Citizen with minimum NV1 clearance are only welcome to apply
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 0955 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 210519.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.