Our client, a clear leader within their Industry, is seeking a Microservices Engineer. This is a permanent position.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement; recommend solutions and help teams with implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
- Manage and plan your own work with minimal supervision
- Provide technical leadership to your colleagues and accountability for the performance of our technology services.
- Be available to carry out production deployment and support activities
- Ability to work and participate in a team environment.
For this role, you will need strong experience in the following:
- 5+ years' experience with building enterprise level Microservices using Java, Spring Boot, Gradle, Kafka
- Experience working with GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (DynamoDB, RDS, S3, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch), AWS certification preferable
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP highly desirable
- Understanding of API gateways such as Kong
- Quality first mind-set for writing code using techniques such as TDD and BDD, excellent debugging skills
- Environment performance monitoring and reporting.
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
- DevOps capabilities, including the knowledge of testing automation, CI/CD pipeline, AWS cloud, APIs and microservices
- Experience with Tomcat, Gradle, Hystrix Circuit Breakers, Testing tools
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns
- Effective time management and communication skills.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva and quote reference: Job #208980.