Manager - DevOps Team
Our client is an award-winning commodities company with offices here in Perth. Due to continuous growth, they are now seeking a permanent Engineering Manager to manage their DevOps team.
- Reports to the CTO.
- Managing a small team of <10 staff
- Contributing to technical strategy and direction
- Oversee the architectural roadmap
Systems development management
- Setting policy for systems development,
- Ensuring that technical, financial and quality targets are met.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects.
- Adopts and adapts project management methods and tools, selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches
- Manages individuals and groups.
- Allocates responsibilities and/or packages of work, including supervisory responsibilities. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
- Sets performance targets, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Leads the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Ensures that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed in architecture development.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of solution development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Experience in a technical leadership role in a regulated industry
- Experience in either full-stack development or cloud architecture
- Proven commitment to delivery of high-quality software services
- Strong understanding of development processes
- Experience with cloud architecture, especially AWS
- AWS certifications will be highly regarded
If you have the skills required and currently reside in WA, please apply now with an updated Word CV, or contact Gayle Truslove on 08 94231449 for a confidential discussion.