APPLICANT MUST BE AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR AUSTRALIAN PR HOLDER
* Lead the development of the Department's data quality management approach to increase the quality of the department's data holdings. This includes a strategy, policies, standards, metrics, tools and procedures required to implement across different data domains and business units.
* Work collaboratively with staff across the Department, design a data quality implementation plan for continuous improvement, addressing both prevention and remediation of poor data quality.
* Monitor data quality metrics, identifying and managing progress, risks and issues.
* Manage, build and maintain sustainable partnerships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to implement the Department's data quality strategy.
* Provide strategic, responsive, effective, accurate and timely advice to the Director and Senior Managers and report regularly on progress and achievements.
* Actively identify and pursue areas for the development for data quality through issues management and information needs management.
* Prepare and manage the accuracy, quality and timeliness of reports, briefings, submissions and correspondence relating to information management.
* Maintaining current knowledge of industry and whole of government standards and strategic directions in information management, including best practice in Business Intelligence and reporting, to ensure that the Department's policies, procedures and standards are current and relevant.
* Addressing entrenched data quality issues, that have their origins in current business processes and practices, so that data quality, once addressed, continues to improve (and is not a 'one off').
* Identifying and working with a diverse range of stakeholders across portfolios and fostering strong linkages with the Department's technology streams.
* Managing complex and diverse program requirements in an environment characterised by competing priorities, tight deadlines and legislative frameworks.